Client: HFL Ltd
DB&P's Services: Building Services Consultant Engineers
Description of Works: Quotient Bioresearch are leading experts in the development of early phase drug testing associated with both human and animal sporting activities. This purpose built Laboratory at their site in Fordham, Newmarket significantly expands Quotient's portfolio to create one of the largest facilities of this type in the world.
The project comprises the conversion of a former stable block to create 1300m2 of high-tech bioanalytical laboratories and a new 475m2 microbiology unit. The respective "Wet" and "Instrument" areas are served via dedicated mechanical ventilation systems providing strictly controlled environmental conditions in terms of heating / cooling, flirtation, air pressure regime, etc – all relative to a Category 3 containment facility.
Paul Cowan, Chairman of Quotient Bioresearch said that "the development of the site at Fordham marks a significant milestone in the Quotient Group's expansion plans, creating state-of-the-art microbiology laboratories and one of the world's largest bioanalytical facilities to meet the demands of our business".
|Extent of Mechanical Services:
• Incoming utilities – gas and water
• Laboratory supply / extract ventilation systems – including LEV and fume cupboards
• LPHW heating / cooling facilities.
• Laboratory "CAT 5" H&C water services
• Laboratory gases
• Automatic Control Systems
Extent of Electrical Services:
• Incoming utilities – electrical power / site transformer
• General lighting and emergency lighting
• Electrical small power
• UPS / diesel generators
• Door entry, CCTV and security systems
• Lightning protection
• Landscape lighting