Client: Willmott Dixon Housing Ltd - Sheford
DB&P's Services: Building Services Consultant Engineers
Description of Works: David Bedwell and Partners are honoured to have established a long term and much respected working partnership with Willmott Dixon Housing Ltd. In conjunction with their preferred team of Architects and Structural Engineers we have successfully completed numerous housing schemes associated with the strategic regeneration plan for Greater London.
Although the schemes vary in complexity and scale, with respective projects ranging from sixty to four hundred plus housing units, the fundamental principle of providing a combination of shared ownership and outright sale properties for the benefit of the local community remains a key element.
The majority of the projects are funded in part by local Housing Associations and Government; the latter imposing specific requirements in terms renewable / sustainable design and energy efficiency. In this respect, the team have worked closely and with innovation to ensure that the most viable means of construction are integrated into the developments; of prime consideration is how cost effective solutions can be incorporated whilst ensuring that the buildings surpass the requirements of Building Regulations, Statutory Regulations, Codes for Sustainable Homes, etc.
|Extent of Mechanical Services:
• Incoming utilities / site infrastructure – gas and water
• LPHW heating systems – high efficiency condensing boilers, air / ground source heat pump units
• Natural / passive and mechanical ventilation systems
• Domestic H&C water services – HWS solar panels, CWS booster sets, break tanks, etc
• Automatic Control Systems
|Extent of Electrical Services:
• Incoming utilities - electrical power / site transformer
• General lighting and emergency lighting
• Electrical small power
• Fire alarm installation
• Door entry, CCTV and security systems
• Lightning protection
• Landscape lighting.